Sunday, August 21, 2005

Bring Bug Spray

This is my advice to anyone who comes to Cold Spring Harbor in the summer. My legs look like I have chicken pox. That, combined with the fact that it was disgustingly humid last night, meant that I went back to my dorm at midnight and there was no bonfire on the beach by our dorm. However, I heard tell that there was the usual bonfire/drinking/skinny-dipping extravaganza at the beach on campus. I have to say while I think the bonfire would've been fun, and Steph went canoeing and that would be fun, I am glad I did not see the patriarchs of yeast cell biology naked. That is just too much information.

I feel terrible for the people who are giving talks this morning because I think the majority of the people who are left at the conference are in the lobby looking like they'd rather be in bed. Even having gone back to my dorm "early" I'm not in the mood for talks.

Our plane is this afternoon which means we'll have time for lunch (which is great since we missed breakfast), then it's off to the airport and back to Chicago. It was fun, but I'll be glad to sleep in my own bed. Oh, and I can't wait to pour a bottle of calomine lotion on my legs.

No comments: