Yes, everything and everybody seems to be OK. We had trouble gettingThe rest of his reply was a rant about stupid people (tourists) not understanding that a place with active volcanoes might also get earthquakes. I decided to spare you that.
in touch with people on Sunday, presumably b/c all the power and
phone lines were down. But all the lines seem to be up now. The
first thing the Hawaii technical staff did after the earthquake was
head up to the telescope to check everything.
In other news, I was in Iowa this past weekend for a fall craft festival with Mom and Kelly and there was a mass murder in one of the tiny towns there. We only found out because Kelly's mom, Pat, called to ask us about it. It involved a Menonite family, a will, and a drug addict son who was subsequently caught. Silly me, I thought I didn't have to worry about those things when I go to Iowa!
I have a few more pictures of our apt. with the furniture in it and one of these days, I'll post them. I've decided to try and keep this blog going to pass around what little news we have around here because I'm shockingly bad at calling and emailing people.
1 comment:
Yerk! Unfortunately these things are everwhere. There was a mass murder in an Amish community near here a few years ago. :( I just try not to think about it.
So, has the apartment got furniture yet?
Post a Comment