Last night, we ate at a lovely restaurant called Vincenzo's.

For those of you following along with your atlas at home, we took I-80 across most of Nebraska, then switched to I-76 to head into Colorado. Nebraska is flat. Flat, flat, flat. Being from central Iowa, I know from flat. This is flatter than where I grew up. There are NO hills. None. Just an endless expanse of flatness. We were really rolling along. This is why.

All of Nebraska and eastern Colorado have a speed limit of 75 mph. Still the scenery was getting a little boring, so we started listening to a book on CD (Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett). This is the first time we've listed to a book before. John wasn't real keen on the idea, but it seems to be working out pretty well.
Eastern Colorado looks much like the midwest.
The have grain elevators.

The have corn to put in the elevators.

They have cows.

The have horses.

We didn't really see mountains until we got near Denver. This surprised me. I guess I had always thought Colorado was pretty much all mountains.
Tomorrow, we're heading to Las Vegas by way of Utah. Should be fun.
1 comment:
I want a postcard.
Post a Comment