Thursday, September 21, 2006

Watching CSI

In Vegas. How surreal is that?

We left Green River a little after 9am this morning. Green River is a very small town. Very small. I think it may be smaller than the town my mother currently lives in. But, they have at least 6 hotels there. Apparently, the river is good for white water rafting, and the hiking, well, take a look at this:



This is the "San Rafael Swell" which was just behind our hotel. Here is a view from in town:



The beginning of our drive was dominated by scenery much like that. Then, things got a little, well, steep. We entered the Virgin River Canyon.



We saw a lot of signs like this:



And then, all of the sudden, it all looked like this:


As we drove along in the canyon, I thought about how it was almost criminal that all of this natural beauty was defiled by an interstate highway running through it. But then I thought, if the highway hadn't run through it, I never would have seen it.

P.S. For those who don't know, you can click on the pictures to make them larger.

No comments: